Saturday, September 6, 2008

I won!

I'm so excited! Remember way back when I mentioned liking this website --Penny Pickles Art? She paints little canvas squares with initials inside each square. They are so so so cute.

Well.

The woman who runs the site, Annie (she's also the one who does all the paintings) posted a contest on her blog. The contest was to suggest a new theme for her to put up on her site, and if your theme was chosen, she would send you the canvas she painted, with your choice of an initial on it.

I suggested five different themes, and she picked one of them!!!!

I am so excited! The theme is a girl one, night fairies and imps, so we are getting it for R. It will be totally awesome.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! That is sooo cool! G.K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just curious, what is an imp?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm guessing like a little pixie or sprite, like tinkerbell. it could also be a more animal-like creature, more fantastical. that is my guess. but we will see when she paints the theme.

    This is what I actually wrote when I entered the contest:

    a girl theme that's kind of inspired by a cross between Alice in Wonderland and A Midsummer Night's Dream, what about some kind of little fairyland (you already have fairies, I know, so this may be too close to what you're already doing) with a big mushroom on one panel and a close-up on grass, or flower tops, and then small creatures and imps, fairies, etc. populating the scenery. It could be nighttime or daytime, however you decided to do it, but nighttime could be really cute, especially thinking about bedrooms and sleep associations, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi S,
    Your mom and I are together and she is showing me how to comment. Congratulations on winning!
    Mrs. R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great to see you on here! glad you got the comments figured out--hope you do it more often :)

    ReplyDelete