Sunday, May 29, 2011

R's new favorite skill: Cutting with Scissors

R is completely into all things arts and crafts related--if it involves painting, drawing, coloring, gluing, or any kind of turning everyday things into craft projects, she is 100% on board.

Lately, her favorite thing to do is cut things out with scissors. At school they have a "Writing Station" in her classroom, which is by far all the children's favorite place to play, according to the two teachers in the room. One of the things they provide is large coloring shapes--butterflies, umbrellas, and caterpillars were all in there when the children were finding all these caterpillars in the playground. (In fact, speaking of caterpillars, here's a picture of one R was carrying around one day when I came to pick her up. I had to persuade her to leave it there and that we could take a picture of her to take home with us.)Anyway, as I was saying: her favorite thing to do is cut things out with scissors. Here's a few of her recent scissor-cut-outs. Just about everything she draws ends up getting cut out, and honestly? I'm really impressed with how well she can handle turning the paper and cutting out very small elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment