Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to J, Dad/Grandpa, Dad/Grampy, PopPop, A, and JW!

and a special happy FIRST Father's Day to Surf!

Hope you all have wonderful, relaxing, well-earned celebrations today.

*****

R and I got up together this morning, and after we both had our oatmeal, R made a card for J. When J woke up, he made some pancakes for everyone. R and I, hobbit-style, had second breakfast.

R wore a special J shirt this morning, and I even gave her mini-pigtails.
(note the special J shirt-- it's actually a shirt he had when he was little. That's J at about 4 or 5 years old).

We went for a hike

and then R ran all over the playground at the end of our hike.
(I love how in this picture you can see J right next to the baby-J picture on R's shirt).

Now R is napping, I'm packing (er, writing a blog post), and J is doing work.

4 comments:

  1. why did j make pancakes? S and R should have made them and served them to him in bed.

    love the shirt....:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anon-- it is true that R and I should have made J pancakes *but*... he wanted them to turn out good, so he made them. Ha-ha! I mean, the night before he was like, "I think I want to make pancakes in the morning" and I was like, "okay!"

    I did make him brownies though. I'm good at stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to one self when we visit do not let you make the pancakes.
    D makes awesome pancakes.
    D is a pancake...heehehehehe

    kisses
    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the pic of R with jamie's shirt and pigtails..she looks like a cheerleader!
    and when i saw it this was the first time i've noticed a resemblence to jamie, although i can't quite figure out why, love, mom

    ReplyDelete