Monday, July 19, 2010

R 36-37 Months

Dear R,

I've been debating whether I should address this monthly letter to both you and your friend Pocha. We've been learning a lot about Pocha the last few months. I've mentioned before that you like to ask for stories and you tell us who the story should be about. There have been a lot of stories about Pocha. I like to start the story and then ask you to help me with details: "There was a little girl named R. And she had a friend named . . ."

"Pocha!"

"Okay, Pocha. And Pocha and R loved to . . . "

At this point you start to get impatient and say something along the lines of, "No, YOU tell me!" So I have to be careful not to ask you to supply too many of the details of the story. We make up all kinds of stories, often loosely based on real life and what we've done that day or yesterday or the day before.

These last few months have also shown your growing love and (dare I say) obsession with Dora. You love Dora and when given a choice of dvds to watch you almost always choose Dora. We have three different Dora books that we've read to you over and over and over again, and you insist on wearing your Dora pajamas (you have two different ones now, thanks to your two sets of grandparents) as soon as they are fresh out of the laundry.

You've been working hard at jumping farther and farther, and you practice standing on one foot and hopping on one foot every day. You get better at them each day--it's wild! We think you'd love a gymnastics or a dance class to practice your coordination.

You have also started drawing actual pictures and tracing letters and numbers. The other day we played quite a few games of tic-tac-toe while you practiced making X's over and over again. You got really good at it by the time we played our last game!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment