Friday, February 4, 2011

Something We Haven't Caught on Video

I've seen other people post things their kids are doing and I remember a few times thinking to myself, "That post is so useless without a video." It's true. It's impossible to describe the things our kids do sometimes without just showing people, "Look! That!"

Unfortunately we haven't been pulling the camera out, and we almost never have it when said cute or funny things are happening.

And I just wanted to comment on one odd thing that RUS has been doing the last few days. He has been kind of throwing his head back while walking forward--it's so funny because it's not like he's doing it involuntarily or trying to get somewhere, he's just throwing his head back and taking steps while staring up at the ceiling (or somewhere in that vicinity). Of course he falls down after a step or two because his coordination isn't that good yet. But then he stands up and does it all over again!

J figured out that he might've been doing it because he was trying to walk backwards. He can walk backwards a step or two at a time! But only when he is standing with his back to R's bedroom door, it seems. It's kind of weird, actually. He throws his head back and moves his feet backwards and then grins and smiles like he is sooooo proud of himself.

I really wish we had it on video. Like I said, it's not the kind of thing you can really just describe. I'll try, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment