Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend in the Poconos

The weekend of RUS's birthday, we headed up to the Poconos with Grammie and Grampy. It was a beautiful weekend and we had the most lovely time--cool, crisp weather, trees changing color and all kinds of leaves falling on the ground. Here are a few of my favorite photos from the weekend.


Grammie and Grampy took the kids for the afternoon while J and I went on a hike at nearby Bushkill Falls. Here's the animal taxidermy set-up, just after you purchase tickets but before you walk into the hiking area. J wanted a picture of the coyote and I agreed to pose.


This scenic overlook on the Delaware Valley was breathtaking. Of course my camera does not nearly capture how vibrant the colors and scenery were.
On the way home (about a 2.5-3 hour drive), J remembered that there was a vegan bakery in Bethlehem, PA, so when we passed by Bethlehem, we took a quick detour and stocked up on goodies at this bakery. I am not kidding when I say that the treats at this bakery were 100 times better than goodies I have gotten at just about any other bakery, ever. They were amazing. Worth driving 2 hours to go visit again, for sure. Maybe for J's birthday??

No comments:

Post a Comment