Lately, R is really into singing "Bingo" -- she shouts out "I G O!" in the mostly-right spots in the song.
She regularly chimes in to "Old MacDonald" with "E I E I O" (or sometimes, what sounds like "eee-yi-o") and the occasional appropriate animal sound.
She's not a fan of my singing too much (which is fair, considering that I have no pitch, tone, melody, or rhythm), and sometimes when I try to get her to sing, she just says, "No, Mommy, No, Mommy" with the occasional finger to her lips and "Shhhh!"
My parents got her a new CD for Easter with tons of kids songs on it and she gets especially animated when the "Hokey Pokey" comes on although she doesn't do many of the movements except the clapping bit.
She's been singing this song for awhile but it's still a favorite: "The Wheels on the Bus." She knows all the hand movements and says some of the refrains ("moo back"; "up and down"; "waah waah"; "shhh shhh")
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh S!!! "SHHH, Mommy!!" Awwee... I wonder if I'll get that too as I KNOW I cannot sing, let alone hear my own voice. LOL!
ReplyDeleteto be fair, she does it to J, too (although less frequently than she does it to me). sometimes i think it is just her being contrary, other times she really doesn't want to hear me singing :)
ReplyDeleteyou will have so much fun singing to the baby-- there is nothing like watching their faces light up or laugh when you sing a goofy song.
I could never play the piano or sing for any of you. You didn't want to hear it once you got a certain age!! Gr. K
ReplyDelete