Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dutch Wonderland, Part II

After we got rained out during our last trip to Dutch Wonderland, we got free rain tickets to use at a later date, so we decided to take the kids and go last Saturday. It was a GREAT time, and I actually managed to get pictures of the kids with the Amish people. (You can look through the windows of the house and see scenes of life inside the Amish house. I actually really liked the decor and would totally decorate my house Amish-style if I could.)

Anyway, R and RUS had a great time. R, especially. We got there early enough to meet the princess, prince, and Duke the dinosaur. Last time R saw them but was not into going up and meeting them. This time, she insisted on hugging and high-fiving Duke each time she saw him, and she spoke with the princess on two separate occasions.
Towards the end of our time there (we left shortly after lunch), R and I got in line for the log ride and I asked her what her favorite ride was. Quite diplomatically, she said, "All of them are my favorite." But when push came to shove, this ride--the Tilt-o-Whirl--was the one she wanted to go on again and again and again. She rode it at least four times in a row, until J had to call it quits because he's got a sensitive stomach for rides like this! I was holding RUS, who was sleeping, otherwise I would have gone on it a few more times with her.
Here's our little Dutch Wonderland Prince and Princess! Ever since her trip to the apple orchard with Grammie and Grampie (pictures from that are coming in another post yet to be finalized) two weeks ago, she's had a great time sticking her head through every available picture-posing cut out thing.
This ride is hilarious. One "big person" can ride the ride with the kids, and J volunteered. The ride goes up and down, like a frog hopping, and it was really funny to see J sitting alongside all these other kids riding the thing.
This is one of the few rides R can do by herself, and even though J was all prepared to ride it with her, she insisted she wanted to do it by herself, so there she is, driving her own monster truck in the monster truck train.
The pictures are all out of sequence--this is actually the first ride she went on, and the park was not crowded yet at all, so she was the only person on the ride. It was so cute watching her fly around. J and I kept trying to get her attention so we could get a picture, but she was mostly ignoring us until J finally got this really good shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment