Tuesday, September 28, 2010

While Watching Dora Last Night . . .

R says to me, "I love Map!"It's true. Throughout every Dora episode there are at least three or four opportunities for kids to interact with the show, by answering a question or jumping up and down or giving a command or whatever.

The one command R ALWAYS says, even when she ignores a lot of the others, is to yell "Map!"

Every episode has a moment that pretty much goes like this:

Dora: Who do we ask when we don't know where to go?

R: Map!

Dora: That's right, map. You have to say Map.

R: MAP!

Occasionally--not every time--Dora or Boots will say, "You need to say it louder!" and R will positively yell, "MAAAAAAP!"

Relatedly, when I make up Dora stories for R, the part that I can usually get her to contribute to is the part where Map is explaining where Dora has to go. She absolutely loves to make up different stops along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment