Sunday, August 7, 2011

Dutch Wonderland 2011

On a whim, J and I decided to take the kids to Dutch Wonderland this morning. It was a great time, especially because R was even more into the rides than she was last year. They had some new ones, including this one where you lay down on your stomach to ride. It was like pretending we were SuperGirls.
Here's our family photo, complete with J's hand standing in for my face.
And then the kids wanted to be the grownups!
J and RUS riding the train. This is a great way to start off the park adventure because you drive through and see a lot of the rides as you're riding. RUS, surprisingly, was not all that into the train until after we started moving. He seemed a little unsure of many of the rides--he needed some time to warm up to them, really.
After we'd been at the park for several hours--including watching one of the diving shows, "The Frog Prince" complete with three diving frogs who save the day--RUS finally rode some rides he got really excited about. The pandas and the bulldozers were his favorites, judging from his reaction to them.
I was impressed R was brave enough to ride this ride by herself. The frogs actually bounce quite high! And here's the other jumping frog. She wanted me to ride it with her, but only one adult per ride. If we had waited for me to ride with her we'd have had to wait through three other adults whose children really wanted them to ride with them--and I wasn't feeling it, so I convinced her I would stand and cheer her along on the sidelines.

1 comment: