I used to be really really really great about keeping photo albums. I had album after album with just about every picture I'd ever taken, many of them lovingly labeled with locations and dates and people and even comments about what was happening in the pictures. Then I got really lazy with that and stopped labeling but still putting pictures in albums. Then came digital photos, and for awhile I was great about ordering pictures online and organizing them. But now? I don't print any pictures, like, EVER. The blog books I make are pretty much our only photo albums.
Anyway, long story short, I have two large photo boxes chock full of random photos. And I do mean random, because when my house burned down in graduate school a bunch of my albums got wet and the photos destroyed. So I went through them and salvaged what I could, but I never really put things back in albums. And when we moved away from Texas, I spent one afternoon going through a whole lot of old albums tossing pictures I didn't want or need and keeping only the best ones, just stuffing them in a box. There are all kinds of pictures in there, from childhood photos to pictures of me and my friends going out in college to pictures of big family moments and get-togethers.
But anyway, all of that is really just a very long-winded way of saying, I have a lot of pictures just sitting in a box. I finally decided to put them in albums again, so that I could actually look at them and show to the kids. I bought some cheap albums and--with no organization whatsoever--just started putting pictures in albums. It's been QUITE a trip down memory lane.
A lot of stuff has happened. There have been a few weddings in there. Including Surf and Cali's wedding, from which I have several really nice prints. R saw them and we spent a bit of time talking about why I was wearing a long brown dress and what was going on. We explained. Pointed out a few other pictures.
R listened carefully. Looked very intently at the pictures. And then announced that she wanted Grammie and me to be her bridesmaids. She's going to marry RUS.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awww that is SO sweet. Xander hugged Aria yesterday and said "ok we hugged, now we're married."
ReplyDelete