Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Chain Days 7-10

7 Make Christmas ornaments!





8 Sing Christmas carols at the piano

This was so much fun! We have quite a few board books with the lyrics to various Christmas songs in them (Little Drummer Boy; Deck the Halls; Jingle Bells; Twelve Days of Christmas; Frosty the Snowman; Up on the Housetop) and J just figured out the music while at the piano. The kids and I tried to sing along. I think "tried" is the operative word, but we all had fun. RUS in particular is really picking up the lyrics, I am very impressed!

9 Watch a Christmas special!

R chose "Rudolph" so we all snuggled in our bed (because we moved the TV into our bedroom to make room for the tree in the living room) and watched the first half. R was so excited because she'd been asking to watch a Christmas movie, or really, any movie, for a few days and we just kept not having the time or opportunity--we've been so busy in the evenings lately.

10 Make cards for grandparents and great-grandparents!

These are still in progress, and I'll try not to ruin the surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment