19 Over the river and through the woods to Grandma's house we go!
We spent this day driving the 7.5 hours to my parents' house. Can I just say, the drive went awesome? We only stopped ONCE, made a quick pit stop to pee and fill up the gas tank, and then we were headed off again. We made such good time we got to our dinner location an HOUR ahead of the time we'd anticipated, and actually managed to drop the kids off at my parents' house and head back out for a dinner with a dear friend of mine from college and her husband. Can I just say how luxurious it felt to have an adult dinner with friends without one of us wrangling one or both of the kids?
20 Ride the Polar Express
My parents bought us all tickets on
the Polar Express. I apologize in advance for the mass of pictures I'm
putting on here, but seriously, this ride was incredible.
Here are the kids wearing their special, saved-just-for-this-occasion, Polar Express pajamas getting all geared up for the ride.
Posing before getting on the train
Elf Mary writing our name tags
Our little family of four
R with her golden ticket
and RUS with his golden ticket
My brother and my parents. My brother was wiped out after a hard workout before work, a long day at work, and then a late-night train ride for short people, but he was a good sport about the whole thing and I think enjoyed seeing what the buzz was about.
RUS with Elf Roy, who works in Santa's bakery.
R with Elf Mary!
Oh my GOSH, who just came on the train?? It's SANTA!
He gave me a bell!!!!
RUS was really tuckered by the end of the ride, which wasn't over until just after 9 p.m. and then we still had a 45-minute drive back to my parents' house. The whole thing was well worth it, though!
21 Watch a Christmas Special!
More like about five Christmas specials! J and I were headed to Columbus to visit another college friend of mine and meet up with a bunch of mom friends of mine, so my parents were in charge for the evening.
But before the evening events, we all took a trip to the West Side Market, an absolute must-do if you ever visit Cleveland. There's nothing like it and the food can't be beat.
J and I took off after eating a hearty lunch of Market food once we got home. And then my dad entertained the kids by playing the accordion for them--another tradition in my family!
and here they are all cuddled up watching Christmas specials!
This is just a gratuitous pic of my favorite of R's Christmas outfits this year--I love this ribbon shirt, which was hand-made for her by a friend of mine and her daughter--and the green corduroy skirt is just awesome.
22 Exchange gifts with Grandma and Grandpa
23 Re-read The Christmas Story and revisit the birth of baby Jesus
24 Sprinkle reindeer food and set out cookies for Santa!
25 Merry Christmas! (and more on this in another post, to be sure!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like you had a great Christmas! I got your card, thanks. Did you get the email I sent you? I was sad I was unable to meet up with you, but I was at work.
ReplyDelete