Wednesday, October 15, 2008

See R Run

Last month, we had to get R some new shoes since her little pink Stride Rites were getting too tight and very hard to put on.

I'd been wanting to get some See Kai Run shoes since falling in love with this orange pair of sandals earlier this summer. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get them because the smallest size the shoes came in was a size 3, and R wasn't anywhere close to a 3 when I was looking. I ended up getting a pair of adorable sandals from Target in a size 2, but I still secretly wanted the orange sandals.

When I went shopping for new shoes for R though, I had to pass over the orange sandals once again. As cute as they are, it's simply going to be too cold for her to wear them anymore this year (although I am secretly tempted to buy them in a larger size and hope that they fit R next summer, since they are on sale now!)

Anyway, even though I successfully resisted the orange sandals, I did satisfy my craving for some See Kai Run shoes, and I'm so glad I did. I *LOVE* them. I love them actually even more than the two pairs of Stride Rite shoes she's had. The See Kai Run shoes are softer, easier for R to move in, and because they're wide in the toe, I don't worry as much about toe compression as her feet grow. And. AND. They are SO totally cute!

Here she is wearing her See Kai Run "Elias" shoes. They're completely awesome, aren't they? We love them. (And if you're curious, the size fives we got are these ones.)

5 comments:

  1. Is that European sizes? They look too little to be 5's. they are darling though!! Mom K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shoes are a size 4. i bought two pairs because i wasn't sure how tight the 4s would be. They fit really really well right now so i hope they'll last a bit before she needs to move up a size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE'll have to look into them. C is a fanatic about A's shoes being soft-soled. We're contemplating a pair of Soft Star Shoes boots for winter this year. Not exactly fashionable, but exactly the thing Daddy wants her to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. why the emphasis on soft-soled shoes? if she is running aorund outside wouldn't she want/need/benefit from something rubbery on the bottom of her feet?

    those soft star boots almost look like they'd be hardy enough to wear on the alaskan tundra! but with wisconsin winters, you definitely want something really warm on her feet.

    see kai run has some cute boots but nothing as hardcore warm as those soft star boots....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. R looks very stylish. I've also been wanting those See Kai Run shoes ever since I saw them at Capitol Kids in Madison. At this point, S is still in the Robeez, though I'm waiting for him to grow into the Tredz (or whatever they call them). I love the original Robeez, but you're right, sometimes you need a rubber sole.

    ReplyDelete