Thursday, October 16, 2008

Night Fairies and Imps

Remember that contest I won? We just got the painting! It is so awesome! I am really impressed with the detail in this thing-- it's only 5x7 but there are so many little touches to all of the different elements. My favorite feature is the long eyelashes on the flower fairy faces.

Here's a link to a picture of the painting on Penny Pickles' blog.

Oh, I just love it! I love the way the colors pop, and the fact that it's a night time scene, and that all the details make it so fun to look at. I have to confess that seeing a picture of the painting isn't nearly as good as seeing the painting in real life. The paint has this awesome texture that makes it really interesting to look at and that doesn't show hardly at all in the picture.

We haven't decided where to hang it in R's room yet. The walls in this house are kind of tough to nail anything into so we've really had a hard time hanging things up. I'll post pictures when we finally do get it up, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment