As I've mentioned on here, R transitioned to her new preschool class last week. The new classroom is all kinds of awesome. One of the more awesome things about it is that there is a window (her last classroom didn't have one). Having a window is HUGE. When we leave day care after dropping her off, we walk past the window and can see into her classroom. On Friday, when we dropped her off, J and I made a point of waving at her and blowing kisses as we walked away.
On Monday, I had a small card and gift for her previous teacher, so after dropping R off (she was upset, but I knew she'd calm down and be happy within a few minutes--at least that is what the teachers always say happens!) I headed down to her old classroom and chatted with Ms. W for a bit. I didn't even think to look at the window on my way out, partly because this is such a new thing for us, and partly because it didn't even occur to me that R would be standing at the window.
Well, when I came back in the afternoon to pick R up, I found out that she had waited at the window for more than an HOUR waiting and waiting and waiting to blow me a kiss through the window. Her new teacher, Ms. N, even called the front desk to ask if I had left yet, and reassured R that I would be there eventually to blow a kiss. Apparently she was crying and saying over and over again that she wanted to blow me a kiss.
Of course she eventually cheered up, but she remembered how upset she had been in the morning. I heard about it several times.
I was all set to redeem myself this morning and make sure I didn't forget to look out the window, but J took her to day care this morning. He made sure not to forget. She was VERY excited to blow kisses and-- as Ms. N told us when she got picked up-- blow BIG hugs as well.
This window is going to be a great thing, I just know it. But it breaks my heart that she waited so long on Monday for me to blow a kiss to her and I missed my opportunity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment