I've been a little worried since I read a month or so ago in my What to Expect During the First Year book (which I have not consulted since, strangely enough) that during the sixth month my baby will "probably" be able to begin putting consonant-vowel combinations together.
RUS really wasn't doing that at all, though. He would say "AAAAAA" or make other vowel sounds but he never said "ba-ba-ba" or "eee-b, eee-b" or any of those sounds. Occasionally he would say "mmmmm" but not in combination with a vowel sound or anything. I was spending an embarrassing amount of time just looking at him going, "Can you say ba? ba-ba-ba?" "Boo-boo-boo!" etc.
But finally! It's only been in the last few days, but RUS has finally started doing what I would call "babbling"! He says, "muh-muh-muh" maybe 4 or 5 times in a row. We've tried to get it on video because it is completely adorable but haven't been successful yet. I think Grampie might've been the first to notice it, on Monday.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay, RUS!
ReplyDeleteI find myself worry about some of those milestone thingies sometimes. Is it any less worrying the second time around?
no, not really! i am more relaxed about some things but the worrying about "will they..." is pretty much still a constant buzz in the background. part of it is that you simply forget a lot of stuff from the first time around.
ReplyDelete