Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Decor and Tree

At long last, here are the awaited pictures of our tree and Christmas decor.
Our tree is the same tiny little one we've used since we started dating-- it's one J got from his parents when he was in graduate school, I think. We've never gotten a big tree because we're always visiting family over the actual holiday and it seems silly to get a big tree when you won't get to enjoy it for the full holiday season.

R loves to have us pick her up and show her all the things hanging on the tree. She points to all the ornaments and asks you to tell her what they are. She's so gentle, and never tries to grab at them. She just likes to point and have you say what the items are. It's so cute.

The most exciting new piece of decor is the wreath that we have hanging over our fireplace. This was an early Christmas gift from my parents-- thank you!! we love it! Doesn't it look terrific?
We didn't put out everything we have this year-- just certain things that we especially like. The mantelpiece is not especially well-arranged. Mostly, I just pulled out the things I really wanted out and stuck them on there. I may still arrange them differently--but this is what it looks like now, and I didn't want to wait any longer to take photos.

1 comment:

  1. wow, the decorations look great!!! Where did you get the cute Santa coat for R? Glad the wreath worked out. Gr. K

    ReplyDelete