By "it," I mean her pacifier, of course. We only own two, and one has been lost since our trip to Connecticut, so the one remaining pacifier is being thrown in the garbage today.
What decided it?
Well, she's been using it at night and during naps for, well, since she was about 8 weeks old or so. And it's been fine. She'll use it and let us take it out as soon as she wakes up. Sometimes she'll take it out herself in preparation to be picked up.
Not so the last few days, though.
Yesterday morning and this morning I had to deal with a huge, throwing-her-body-on-the-floor-she's-so-pissed-off temper tantrum after I took the pacifier out.
I'd been meaning to get rid of it for awhile, but I just kept putting it off, because she wasn't really asking for it at other times, and I hated the idea of anything messing with her getting sleep. But since this problem reared it's head, I feel no compunction about just getting rid of it.
We were pretty apprehensive about getting her to sleep tonight, but she really didn't fuss long at all-- I was prepared to go up and comfort her (the whole wait 10 minutes and go pat her back) but before the 10 minutes were up, she was showing signs of calming down so we let it go a few minutes longer and she was out.
Keep your fingers crossed that it stays this easy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Get rid of it and don't look back! Seriously, even if it takes a full week... don't give it back!
ReplyDeleteWe did the same thing at 6 mos when A would wake up every 45 min to have us put it back in for her. NO WAY was I doing that. She needed to learn to sleep without it. 4 days later she forgot all about it.
Good luck!