I know we posted about this before, but goodness gracious. Since we've been at my parents' house, R has been talking and talking, and talking some more. She identifies what seems like hundreds of things (although if we counted it's probably more like 20-30) and loves to point to different people and say who they are.
Surf has been practicing his sign language with R and he signs things and then she says what the sign is. It is so freaking awesome.
I will have to post a lot about Christmas, but I want to do so with pictures, and with all the family and busy-ness that is my parents' house at the holidays, I haven't uploaded any pictures yet. Maybe I'll work on that tonight and see what progress I make.
But suffice to say: we have been extraordinarily blessed this Christmas and have really enjoyed our opportunities to spend time with both sides of our family.
A couple of random tidbits:
R has been sleeping better than ever since we've been here. She goes down around 6:45 and wakes up close to 7. Some of this may be because she's sleeping in her grandparents' bedroom and in the mornings when she's awake but not ready to get up, Grandma picks her up and lets R fall back asleep on her chest.
Grandpa has been spoiling R with "cacks" (how R says cracker). She now walks around saying "cack, cack, cack" and if the cupboard where the crackers are gets opened, she gets very excited and immediately runs over to whoever opened it and begs for crackers. She doesn't always get them but boy does she want them. She'll be "all done" with lunch-- signing it and everything-- and then in the next breath say, "cack?" There is always room for "cacks", apparently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment