Thursday, October 6, 2011

Home Improvements


When we were buying our house, we had a nice long home inspection where the inspector really checked over everything. One of the things he noticed was that the handle on our main bathroom faucet was functional, but kind of broken. Not only was the plastic part with the hot/cold indicator cracked, it came out of the faucet entirely. AND, if you pull on the plastic handle wrong, the whole knob comes off.

 At the time, he observed it but it wasn't something to write on the report or anything, and he even said, "Just watch, you'll move in and this faucet will still be kicking around three years later."

Fast forward two years. We finally just replaced it. I should say, really, Grampy finally just replaced it, although I watched and think that I could probably do this myself next time. The good thing about having my father-in-law do it though is that there is actually a problem with the pipes under the sink and he knows how to handle that. I wouldn't have had the faintest idea. Once I get a chance, I'll take a picture of our beautiful new faucet.

No comments:

Post a Comment