Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tomorrow is RUS's Birthday

Over the last few weeks we've been talking with RUS about his birthday. He's in denial that he's going to be 2.

If you tell him his birthday is coming up, he says, "NOOOOOOO!"

If you say, "Are you going to be TWO on your birthday?" he very firmly and adamantly tells you, "ONE!"

If you persist in telling him he's going to be two and try to get him excited about it, he will tell you, "NO! ONE, MOMMY, ONE!"

On another note, when his daycare teachers asked him what he was going to bring for his birthday, he said, "POTPIE!"

Hmm. Probably not potpie. But he didn't stop talking about potpie so J made him potpie tonight as his birthday meal (since I won't be home tomorrow until after he's already in bed). He ate more dinner than I've seen him eat in a long, long time. He likes potpie.

I hope he won't be too disappointed when his class gets donuts instead of potpie tomorrow.

1 comment: