I'm still getting up between 4 and 5 a.m., but I'm also getting to bed a lot sooner. This is a Very Good Thing. I'm actually really enjoying the mornings, when I focus on my own work for an hour or so. Then I get Rosemary when she wakes up, get her breakfast and all, and try to head out to day care by 7:15. If I leave before 7:15, I get to work before 8 a.m. which is excellent, and I work pretty much 8-4:30 and head home around 4:30 for dinner.
The routine just seems to be coming into place. It's only been a few days that it's been "working" so keep your fingers crossed that it continues to do so.
J's been a little worn out though. R was little miss crankypants for much of the afternoon, he said. I witnessed it after I got home. She was just hard to keep entertained and seemed to want stuff that we couldn't figure out. But she went right to sleep at her usual bedtime.
It's so cute--lately at bedtime, she kind of twists and turns for the crib while I'm holding her, as if to say, "put me down in there already so I can go to sleep!" Also cute is the way she loves to say goodnight to J. After her bath we go downstairs to say night night. She blows kisses as soon as I start saying "night night" and then J will ask for a kiss and she gives him really sweet hugs and kisses... and then she'll pull away real fast and wave while saying "byebyebyebyebyebyebyeBYEbye."
She's so cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good for you! It sounds like things are smoothing out. I'm impressed by your self discipline - I need to start getting to bed earlier, too. I'm going to have S all morning until D comes back from teaching and since I won't have time to nap before heading in for my classes, I need to start getting a good night's sleep.
ReplyDeleteglad to hear things are working out better..i can't believe our little darling is cranky though..you must be mistaken...sounds like the bedtime routine is just what she needs...mom s.
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute, you are right. You will have to go back in your baby album and see how much she looks like you at the same age! mom K.
ReplyDeleteHOw sweet is that.... A's latest trick is to say, "daddy, kisses!" And then start hollering "Dada!" If Daddy doesn't show up within a few mintues, she starts hollering, "Honey!" As if that will bring him sooner. LOL.
ReplyDelete