R used to get up at 6. Since school has started she's been getting up at 5. Or close to it. Sometimes it's before 5, even-- one morning this week it was about 10 til 5 when I had to go up and get her.
Her getting up that early makes it not so much the case that I get "work" done before getting her up. Mostly, I'm able to finish putting together her lunch and make myself some coffee and put away all the dishes that are drying on the counter and pick up some things and maybe run a load of laundry and assemble my school things and sometimes check my email.
The nice thing though is that it does make it the case that I drop her off at day care close to 7 and am off to work often before 8, sometimes around 7:30, even.
Yesterday I tried getting up at 3:30 to see if that helped me with having some more time where I could write instead of just putz around in the kitchen. It did!
But geez, getting up at 3:30? To make that work I have to go to bed around 8, and that feels kind of crazy. But if it works and I get writing done... I'm going to keep doing it. Of course, this morning didn't work out that way since my computer is a bit out of whack and our tech guy is looking at it, so I'm using J's computer to post this blog entry while I drink some coffee.
Whoop, there she goes. 4:59, right on the dot. Gotta go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I can sympathize. After we finished settling in here, S started waking up at 6, when he used to wake up closer to 7.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what it is in their clocks that make them do stuff like this. My thought was that maybe I was making too much noise but I'm not sure that's it because sometimes I am just upstairs in my office just typing, not moving from my chair or anything. She's also been sick, though-- we went to the doctor today and she's got an upper respiratory infection (thankfully it's not in her ears so no ear infection, yay!) so I wonder if maybe being sick has contributed to the early wake-ups. We'll see.
ReplyDelete