Monday, July 21, 2008

Coming Soon to a Home Theater Near You...

(hopefully!)

R has been learning all kinds of new signs. It's amazing how quickly she picks them up. A couple of days ago, I was complaining about being cold, so J and I did the sign for "cold" and J actually got her to copy it! When her food is hot, we sign "hot" and she has even said something that sounds kind of like hot.

I visited with a friend the other day with R, and the two of us taught R how to do "baby" while looking at this Baby Faces book. When I told J about it at home later that day, we asked her to do "baby" and not only did she sign it, she said it! We were so excited!

And we've been trying to get these signs on video for y'all.

Unfortunately, this is harder than it seems like it would be at first glance. You may or may not have noticed that most of her sign videos are taken while she is in the high chair. She's a captive audience in the chair, of course, and she's also not running all over the place. It's much easier to get her attention when she's not distracted by being able to run over to the nearest toy, cat, or pillow.

So I'm telling you here and now-- she's learned these signs (not necessarily the meanings for the words, but she's imitating us and our body movements like crazy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment