J has been working with R on using a spoon. Here are two recent attempts.
You'll see in video 1 R's skill at alternating between dipping the spoon in the bowl with her right hand and grabbing oatmeal with her bare left hand.
In video 2, she, rather inefficiently, and not without a certain amount of waste, gets some yogurt in her mouth.
The video password is sutherbaum.
.
.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
interesting to see how it seems she's trying to relate using the spoon to getting food to her mouth..and then with the yogurt she did really well..and she didn't seem to get frustrated, unless you just didn't get that on video..jamie you have a lot of patience! keep up the good work, love, mom
ReplyDeleteJust a thought, since she seems to keep reaching with her other hand, but have you tried putting the spoon in her left hand? I probably only thought of that because Erin and Jason are both lefties. You'd know her common behavior better(I'm going off some limited data here), but I just thought I'd mention it.
ReplyDeleteVanessa
V, I think you're right--we've thought she might be left-handed for awhile now--although she is pretty ambidextrous. I think although I'm not 100% sure, that J has tried putting the spoon in her left hand before but we just didn't get videos of it. We've also tried putting food in different places on her tray to see if she consistently uses the same hand. She uses her left hand a lot, but also uses her right. So we'll just have to see what happens as she gets older. I haven't noticed that she manipulates other objects primarily with one hand or the other.
ReplyDelete