Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hi Grandma & Grandpa!

I found out the other day that my mom was able to show my grandparents the blog, so I thought I'd share a few pictures of my grandparents and R.

These two pictures were taken during my grandparents' 60th(!!) anniversary party last August when R was about 7 weeks old. (Gotta love R's facial expression in this pic. A 7-week-old doesn't really smile much, unless they're farting, and I guess she wasn't farting in this picture, but I love it anyway.)

My grandmother was so surprised to see us there--the anniversary party was a surprise for them--that she actually cried. It was the first time she'd been able to see R, and it was a really special day and moment for all of us.

(That's my cousin K walking in the background.)

These next two are from Thanksgiving last year, when my brothers and I all congregated at my parents' house for the holiday and drove down to see my grandparents. (Our nephew G is the other one in the picture. He is one of the smiliest kids I've ever met!)
(This was the closest we got to a smile out of R in the posed pictures!)

2 comments:

  1. will show this to Grandma and Grandpa the next time we visit. They will love it!!! Gr. K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. grandma loved it and said to keep writing on the blog!!

    ReplyDelete