So, contrary to my expectations, R did not like day care too well. She was fine when we dropped her off, although J was not--he was teary and seemed to have a really hard time leaving her. Me, though, I actually felt good about her being at day care. I was convinced she was going to really enjoy herself hanging out with all the kids and the nice teachers.
Not so much.
When J picked her up (she's doing half-days, 7 or 8ish until noon) one of the teachers was holding her. It was clear she'd been upset for awhile. And then she became more upset when she saw him. And continued to be upset even after she got home.
Through all of this, I was out running errands (finally got your package mailed off, Surf & Cali! Look for those slings soon!) When I got home, R was sleeping.
She was still upset when she woke up from her nap. Hiccupping, the works. Not screaming, but very fussy, and clingy, to boot. The clingyness continued up until she went to bed. We let her climb up the stairs, which she usually gets very excited about, but tonight she wanted to hold my hand the ENTIRE WAY, even though it slowed her down a lot. She was holding on to it with a death grip. You know, the kind where it takes two of you to get your finger out.
Poor R.
We're going back tomorrow, and this time I'm actually a little scared. I'll keep you updated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good luck, you guys! Thanks for posting about all this - we'll be starting with a sitter for the first time (no luck getting into a daycare) in about two weeks and it's great to read about how things are going with R.
ReplyDeleteseriously, no luck getting in a daycare? are there none close by, or just none affordable, or? we're really fortunate, this day care place is a 15 minute walk from the house. so nice. i'll be very interested to hear how the sitter program works for you, too.
ReplyDeleteThat's great. The problem here is finding a place that will take children under the age of 3. There seem to be few and far between - a lot of people go with daycare run out of someone's home, but trying to figure that out in the next two weeks seemed like too much work, so I'm keeping an eye out for next year. We're also on the waiting list for the program run through the university, which would be awesome.
ReplyDelete