So we've finished our first week with daycare. J dropped her off and he said she cried when he left. But when I went to pick her up, she was downright cheerful. She perked up when she saw me, but didn't cry for me or start begging me to pick her up. She was in the middle of eating her lunch, so I finished giving her the rest of her food and then we walked out. She cheerfully said goodbye to everyone in the room, and while I was there, I saw her saying hi repeatedly to two of the other children (the other two were napping). The teacher said she was really happy today and spent quite a bit of time playing with the toys in the room, introducing herself to the other kids, etc.
I feel reassured. Now I'm just a little nervous about next week since we've got a three-day weekend ahead of us. Hopefully she'll remember the fun stuff when we go back on Tuesday and not the upsetting stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds good. glad it was a better day. Grandma K.
ReplyDeleteyes, we are, too. keep your fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well, too!
ReplyDelete