We're in our new house! Pictures will come soon. Our movers arrived on Friday and since then, we've been spending a lot of time unpacking boxes, arranging furniture, buying little things for the house, etc., etc., etc.
We've gotten most of our furniture where it's going to go and Grammie unpacked and put away all of our kitchen stuff, and Grampie has been doing all kinds of odd jobs around the house--making and fixing shelves, fastening bookshelves to the wall so they won't tip over, lifting heavy items. Without their help-- especially in keeping an eye on R-- we would not be nearly as settled as we are today
There's still a very long list of things to do, and tomorrow both J and I have to make it to campus to sign paperwork, pick up the other keys to our house, and run a number of errands. Hopefully we can do it all before Grammie and Grampie have to leave in the afternoon. We're sad to see them go, but they may make it back down for us all to try to hit the beach for one day before J and I have to be at work every day.
More soon--including pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome home! I'm so glad you're settling in. I bet it's been a fun adventure. I hope R is adjusting well.
ReplyDelete