We'll get some soon, I promise. But for now, we're still getting all kinds of things taken care of. Today J and I made it to work (mine is about a 5 minute walk from our house, and J's is only about 2 or 3 minutes further away, and in the same direction. I'm totally stoked.) We each got various forms and paperwork squared away. More to do, of course, and I've got to go back in tomorrow for more things. But we're making progress.
The house is slowly but surely coming together. We haven't taken any real pictures yet-- I'm waiting until we have more boxes out of the way so it doesn't look so hideous in here! We've gotten most of the boxes opened and at least figured out-- are we opening them, leaving them packed, putting them in the basement, etc.
I can't tell you how excited I am to have a house with more than one floor again. This house has four floors, actually--basement, first, second, and attic. It rocks. Our office is up in the attic, which is holding all of my work books (as one of our movers put it, "a lot of knowledge in those boxes") as well as J's game and craft supplies and his work related materials. Our poor movers had to carry those boxes of books up to the top floor... plus four desks and various bookshelves. Thank goodness for the attic because otherwise we would have too much stuff for our living and dining areas. We even have enough space for a spare bedroom, which is kind of a cat room right now.
R's room isn't quite fully assembled yet-- we haven't unpacked all of her boxes yet-- but it's getting there. Her rug is down as well as all of her major pieces of furniture.
We've explored a little bit of our new town. It's very cute. And oh, it feels like home. It felt like home when we arrived. I hadn't realized just how different life in Texas really was until we left. I feel much more at ease here. We can walk all kinds of places. I love that work is so close. We're still feeling out restaurants and coffeeshops etc. but wow, it's like a 1,000% improvement over our previous location.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It sounds great!!!
ReplyDeleteI TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteL.
L, you crack me up. but you were sooooooo right.
ReplyDelete